local project opportunities
city union mission
Volunteers have duties such as cleaning, sorting donations, building and grounds maintenance, data input and general office work.
Lees Summit Social Services
Volunteer in their food pantry and thrift store. Email Ted below for more information.
Volunteers will sort and repackage donated food and household supplies in their Volunteer Engagement Center
Coldwater of Lee's Summit
Providing food for those in need. Opportunities to sort, bag, carry out and deliver food for families, seniors and children. Clothing closet has opportunities to sort, hang and bag clothing items.
Chicktime Kansas City
Ozanamhas partnered with Chicktime Kansas City so the teen girls of Kansas City have a place to attend Chicktime events!! So grab your best girlfriends or come out and meet new friends as we laugh, and serve, and share our love with the almost forgotten teens.
after the harvest
Gather excess fruits and vegetables that would otherwise go to waste-- at farms and orchards and take it to food banks
Begin by asking your Life Group members the following questions. Hopefully, the answers will help you develop an outreach project that is a perfect fit for your group.
Who in your neighborhood has a need?
What business or organization within your sphere of influence could use a blessing?
What serve opportunities best suit your group's ages and abilities? (physical labor, teaching, prayer, etc)
- Host a free garage sale
- Bring free lunches to construction workers and servicemen in your area
- Hand out free gum at a local park
- Clean up a widow or single mom's yard
- Give out free sunscreen at a city park
- Give out free bottled water at a city park
- Give out free donuts and coffee at a bus stop or shopping center
- Host a free car wash for teachers in your community
- Minor repairs for the elderly, widows and/or single moms
- Kids host a free kids toys and games garage sale
- Kids host a free lemonade stand
Special needs/youth home
- Identify a family with a special needs child and give the family a Mom & Dad's day out
- Adopt a group home for the day and throw a party for the residents
- Build a wheelchair ramp for handicapped
- Organize a field day for a group youth home
- Serve hot breakfast for the homeless in your community
- Do a community trash clean up
- Host a "Block Party" with free food, games, music, etc. for families
- Renovate a run-down playground or park in the area
- Do a door-to-door grocery giveaway
- Have a "Free Grass Cutting" day
business / service organizations / public servicemen
Pick up trash in parking lot
Coral shopping carts to designated places
Cook lunch for your local police or fire station
- Serve free coffee, energy drinks, and snacks to staff and those waiting in the emergency room
- Give out healthy snacks to patients of chemotherapy
- Deliver small gifts to patients and families in the children's ward (toys, care packages, etc)
- Prayer visits with patients and those in the emergency room
- Take care-packages with snacks, sweets and small gift items (lotions, magazines, puzzles, etc.) to families of hospitalized children.
Deliver fresh flowers to the residents
Host a worship service at a nursing home (offer worship, devotions, prayer and fellowship)
Throw a "Senior Prom" complete with live music, food, and decorations
Landscape a flower garden and sitting area for residents
Have kids make crafts (necklaces, wooden crosses) that can be given to residents
Distribute chips and sodas to residents & employees (check with staff on food restrictions)
Throw a tea part
Contact Chris Myers: firstname.lastname@example.org